Independence - A Child of History
1. Kings and Queens of Britain
2. Anglo Saxon Crown to Hastings 1066
3. Kings and Queens Hanover to Windsor
4. The Tower of London
5. Westminster The House of Parliament
6. Sir Winston Churchill
7. Winston Churchill Cabinet War Rooms WW2
8. Sir Winston Churchill Top Secret Cabinet War Rooms WW2
9. The Duke of Wellington
10. Duke of Wellington 1769-1852
11. Admiral Horatio Nelson
12. Life of Admiral Horatio Nelson
13. Life of Admiral Lord Horatio Nelson 1758-1805
14. Field Marshal Bernard Law Montgomery
15. HMS Victory
Admiral Lord Horatio Nelson
The picture below is of Lord Horatio Nelson
Admiral of the Royal Navy.
His autograph is also shown below his prayer.
Lord Horatio Nelsons Prayer
1st October 1805
May the Great God,whom I worship,grant to my
Country and for the benefit of Europe in general,a
great and glorious Victory:and may no misconduct,
in any one,tarnish it:and may humanity after victory
be the predominant feature in the British Fleet.
For myself individually,I commit my life to Him
who made me and may His blessing light upon my
endeavours for serving my Country faithfully.
To Him I resign myself and the just cause which is
entrusted to me to defend.
Nelson wore his undress uniform at the Battle of
Trafalgar while aboard HMS Victory.
It carried the stars of Nelsons all four orders of knighthood on the left breast.
Top clockwise these are:
The Order of the Bath.
The Turkish Order of the Crescent.
The cross of the German Chapteral
Order of St Joachim.
The Neapolitian Order of St Ferdinand and Merit.
Admiral Horatio Nelson
Other United Kingdom history pages
Prime Ministers and Government